- The BDN was formally announced on 4th November, 2019 at the Indo-Pacific Business Forum in Bangkok, Thailand.
- It will be led by the US along with Japan and Australia.
- Led by the US’s International Development Finance Corporation (DFC).
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative to bring together governments, the private sector and civil society to promote high-quality, trusted standards for global infrastructure development.
- It seems to be planned as a direct counter to China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- It is expected to serve as a globally recognised evaluation and certification system for roads, ports and bridges with a focus on the Indo-Pacific region.
↑ ↓ Navigate up/down
Enter Go to article
/ Search new term
Esc Close search
You've successfully subscribed to IAS for IAS
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to IAS for IAS
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.