- The China–Pakistan Economic Corridor(CPEC) is an economic route stretching from western China through Pakistan to the Indian Ocean coast.
- It is part of China's Belt and Road Initiative.
- It is a collection of infrastructure projects that are under construction throughout Pakistan since 2013.
- The Indian Government’s concerns arise from the fact that the inclusion of the so-called illegal 'China-Pakistan Economic Corridor' as a flagship project of 'OBOR/BRI', directly impinges on the issue of sovereignty and territorial integrity of India.
- This so-called illegal ‘China-Pakistan Economic Corridor’ (CPEC) passes through parts of the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh which are under illegal occupation of Pakistan.