- The second phase of the Sari Festival “VIRAASAT”- Celebrating 75 handwoven Saris of India will begin from 3rd to 17th January 2023 at Handloom Haat, Janpath, New Delhi.
2. 50 Electric Buses launched in Delhi with support under the FAME India Phase II scheme of the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
- Full name of the scheme: Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India Phase II (FAME India Phase II).
- Implementing agency: Department of Heavy Industry.
3. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has named the top three lenders in India – State Bank of India (SBI), ICICI Bank, and HDFC Bank – as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs), or banks that are too big to fail.
4. Ministry of Coal converts suitable mine areas, after exhaustion of reserves, into eco-parks, sites for water sports, underground mine tourism, golf grounds, adventure, bird watching, etc. These sites have good potential for recreation, revenue generation, and employment for local people.
5. The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), the two prominent institutions under the Ministry of Ayush, Government of India for regulating medical education and conducting scientific research respectively, have launched ‘SMART’ (Scope for Mainstreaming Ayurveda Research in Teaching Professionals) program.
6. The Chief Justice of India (CJI), D Y Chandrachudh, has announced the launch of the electronic Supreme Court Reports (e-SCR) project, which aims to provide free access to around 34,000 judgments of the apex court to lawyers, law students, and the general public.
7. The Prime Minister of India congratulated Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on assuming office as the President of Brazil.
8. The Prime Minister has chaired the Annual General Meeting of Nehru Memorial Museum & Library Society (NMML) Society where he emphasized encouraging research, and scholarship among the youth and making history more appealing. The Prime Minister also discussed ways to make the PM-Sangrahalaya more popular among youngsters.
9. According to data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate reached 8.30% in December, the highest level in 16 months. This marks an increase from the 8.00% recorded in November. The urban unemployment rate also saw a rise, going from 8.96% in November to 10.09% in December.