- The Election Commission of India (ECI) recently said that it was ready to pilot remote voting for domestic migrants through newly devised remote electronic voting machines (RVMs).
- Union Home Minister recently asked Border Security Force (BSF) to strengthen Vibrant Village Programme and ensure welfare programs are implemented.
- Dinesh Kumar Shukla, former Executive Director of AERB & Distinguished Scientist assumed the charge as Chairman, of AERB on 31st December 2022.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced on January 1st that the Dexa bone density test will be mandatory for Indian players to be selected for the national team. The Yo-Yo Test will also return as part of the team’s preparation for the 2023 ODI World Cup
- Prime Minister will inaugurate the inaugural session of the 108th Indian Science Congress through video conferencing on January 3, 2023.
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, Tel Aviv University, and Columbia University are studying a rare genetic brain disease called "GNB1 Encephalopathy" and trying to develop a drug to treat it effectively.
- The Tamil Nadu government launched an initiative for the conservation of the Nilgiri Tahr at Rs 25 crore.
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah launched the Border Security Force (BSF) mobile app ‘Prahari’.
- This BSF ‘Prahari’ app is a great example of Proactive Governance, now Jawans can get personal and service-related information, housing, Ayushman-CAPF, and leave related information on their mobile.
- The Central Government of India recently announced the launch of a new integrated food security scheme, which will provide free food grains to 81.35 crore beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) for the year 2023.
Current Affairs - 2nd Jan 2023