1) Union Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled a 120-feet-tall statue of a polo player riding a pony at Marjing Polo Complex in Manipur's Imphal East district.
2) In Jammu and Kashmir, the Doda district administration has launched e-library to benefit thousands of students of the district by providing them with notes and study material prepared by the best subject matter specialists in the district.
3) The Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India organized a two-day National Workshop on Project Driven Block Panchayat Development Plan (BPDP) and District Panchayat Development Plan (DPDP).
4) Union minister Jitendra Singh inaugurated the National Genome Editing and Training Centre (NGETC) and International Conference on Food and Nutritional Security 2023 at the National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI).
5) US astronaut Walter Cunningham, the last surviving member of the first Nasa mission to ever broadcast live TV from orbit, passed at the age of 90.
6) The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the naming of Greenfield International Airport Mopa in Goa as Manohar International Airport as a mark of tribute to former Defence Minister and four-time Goa Chief Minister.
7) Odisha government's slum improvement and land titling programme, JAGA (Odisha Liveable Habitat Mission) Mission has won the UN-Habitat's World Habitat Awards 2023.
8) The second phase of the Sari Festival "VIRAASAT"-Celebrating 75 handwoven Saris of India is being held from 3rd to 17th January 2023 at Handloom Haat, Janpath, New Delhi.
9) The Indian Army signed an agreement with the Assam government to offer Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) at eight medical college and hospitals in the state.
10) The President of India, Droupadi Murmu presented the seventh edition of the Digital India Awards 2022 in which 22 innovative digital initiatives by government entities were felicitated.
➨The Government of India has envisioned the Digital India Programme to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.