- Indian Army is the world’s largest ground force, overtaking China
- There are approximately 1.4 million personnel in the Indian Army
- The largest standing volunteer army in the world is Indian Army with 1,129,900 Active personnel and 960,000 Reserves
- There are recruiting zones in the country for the purpose of recruitment in the Indian Army
- The headquarters of Indian Army is in New Delhi
- The first headquarters of Indian Army – Red Fort, Delhi
- Today – Portions of South Block along with a gigantic, architecturally modern Sena Bhavan adjacent.
- In India, command headquarters is known as Field Army with a General Officer Commanding-in-Chief presiding over matters in the rank of a (three-star) Lieutenant General.
- The head of the Indian Army staff is called the Chief of Army Staff (COAS.)
- The current Army Chief is General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Earlier, General Bipin Rawat was the Indian Army Chief
- Indian Army also has Vice Chief and two Deputy Chiefs of Army Staff
- In the Indian Army, corps are the field force. They are of two types – Holding Corps and Strike Corps
Indian Army – Interesting Facts for UPSC