- Indian Army is the world’s largest ground force, overtaking China
- There are approximately 1.4 million personnel in the Indian Army
- The largest standing volunteer army in the world is Indian Army with 1,129,900 Active personnel and 960,000 Reserves
- There are recruiting zones in the country for the purpose of recruitment in the Indian Army
- The headquarters of Indian Army is in New Delhi
- The first headquarters of Indian Army – Red Fort, Delhi
- Today – Portions of South Block along with a gigantic, architecturally modern Sena Bhavan adjacent.
- In India, command headquarters is known as Field Army with a General Officer Commanding-in-Chief presiding over matters in the rank of a (three-star) Lieutenant General.
- The head of the Indian Army staff is called the Chief of Army Staff (COAS.)
- The current Army Chief is General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Earlier, General Bipin Rawat was the Indian Army Chief
- Indian Army also has Vice Chief and two Deputy Chiefs of Army Staff
- In the Indian Army, corps are the field force. They are of two types – Holding Corps and Strike Corps
↑ ↓ Navigate up/down
Enter Go to article
/ Search new term
Esc Close search
You've successfully subscribed to IAS for IAS
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to IAS for IAS
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.